BBQ SALMON and KIMCHI TACOS are a serious move… They’re easy to make, loaded with FLAVOR and actually very healthy!
1 lb. salmon , deboned
1 jar kimchi Salt and pepper to season the salmon
¼ cup BBQ sauce , traditional flavor
1 avocado sliced
1 lime cut into wedges
red onion sliced thin , a few slices per taco
¼ cup fresh cut scallions, as garnish
4 flour tortillas , or you can use any tortilla you enjoy most
PREPARE THE SALMON:
* Remove the salmon from the package. Make sure it is deboned.
* Pat the salmon dry using paper towel.
* Season the filet with salt and pepper. You can leave the skin on or remove it. Whatever you prefer. I left it on while cooking, then removed it once the salmon was done.
* Heat an 11-inch skillet over medium-high heat.
* Once the pan is hot, you’ll drizzle the salmon with olive oil right before you add it to the pan. Meat side down.
* Sear for 5-6 minutes before turning. If the salmon is getting too dark, reduce the heat. Once you flip the salmon, begin to brush on the BBQ sauce.
* Sear for another 5-6 minutes skin side down. Make sure you coat both sides with the BBQ sauce.
* Once the salmon is cooked, remove it from the heat and set it aside.
ASSEMBLE THE TACOS:
* Heat a flour tortilla on the stovetop.
* Add some of your sliced avocado and sliced red onion.
* Break off a piece of the BBQ salmon and place it on the tortilla.
* Add a spoonful of the kimchi and finish the taco with scallions and lime wedges.
* Serve warm and enjoy.